Petra Hönig
Petra Hönig

Your professional estate agent on the Costa Blanca


Ciudad Quesada New Build Properties for Sale

ciudad quesada new build properties for sale

What can we do if there are deficiencies in a newly built house?

If there are problems in a newly purchased property responsibility lies with the natural or legal persons involved in its construction, which will have to respond personally or collectively.

Move into a new home we have gained should be a unique feeling. If you come to live in one that is not new and often provides a sense of joy, do we opened in us, it should be more. However, sometimes you may find unpleasant surprises.

If you think in Petra Hönig we want through this post know who to ask for responsibilities. If there are deficiencies in housing construction in Spain, under current law those responsible are

1. The promoter.

Since it is who decides, promotes, plans and finances with their own or other resources work for themselves or for subsequent sale, delivery or transfer to third parties.

2. The architect.

This is the professional who performs the housing project and certify that the execution of construction conforms to the project.

3. The constructor.

It is who executes the work with human means and own or other materials. Responds directly to the material damage caused to the building by faults or defects caused by incompetence, lack of professional or technical capacity, negligence or breach of the obligations attributed to the chief of work and other natural or legal persons covered by their insurance. Also in case of subcontracts.

4. The rigger.

The technical architect or rigger who directs the development of the work in technical, aesthetic, urban and environmental aspects.

On these figures mentioned the following responsibility would fall.

To whom answer: Faced with owners and third party purchasers (not others) buildings or part thereof if they are subject to division.

What answer: Of the material damage in respect of works constructed buildings and existing buildings whose projects for building license is requested from the entry into force of the law.

Period during which respond: There are three periods of responsibility depending on the type of deficiencies that present housing:

1. Ten years, due to deficiencies in the building structure.

2. Three years for deficiencies that affect constructive elements or installations involving breach of the requirements of habitability of housing.

3. One year required only to constructor completion and finishing defects.


-To ensure that agents can cope with the responsibility if any they may require, the law requires the establishment of a property damage insurance in order to:

- Ensure structural damage for ten years. The minimum amount of the insured sum will be 100% of the final cost of the material execution of the work including the fees of the professionals. This insurance is mandatory. The notary and the registrar shall not authorize or register in the Land Registry deeds of declaration of new work of buildings without the constitution of this guarantee is proven.

- Ensure the deficiencies that affect constructive elements or installations involving breach of the requirements of habitability for three years.

- Ensure Property damage or defects execution defects affecting elements of termination or finish for a year.

Claims deadline.

Two years from the damage.

Petra Hönig offers you New Build Properties for sale in Costa Blanca.

In Petra Hönig we cover all aspects of residential property sales as well as other kinds of dwellings, for instance commercial properties. Plus, we also offer other kind of services that include after sales.

Browse our list of New Build, Resale and Exclusives properties in the most desirable areas of the Costa Blanca. From lovely apartments to exclusive bungalows, villas, quads, detached villas and much more. Contact us if you see anything that catch your eye.

31 Aug 2016
© 2020 Petra Hönig ● Design: MediaelxLegalPrivacyWeb Map